On filters, and lubricant products marked "equivalent" or "replacement," OEM names and part numbers are for reference only. Simmons Synthetics is an independent distributor of aftermarket compressor replacement parts and is not affiliated with most manufacturers mentioned in this web site. O.E.M. (original equipment manufacturer) names are the trademarks of each manufacturer
Simmons Synthetic SAE 15W-40
High performance heavy-duty diesel engine oil, API CJ-4 /SM
• Developed for the newest (post 2007) low emission diesel engines with after-
treatment systems using low sulfur or ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel.
• Formulated to meet the most severe servicing conditions for both on and off-
highway diesel powered equipment. Recommended for transportation and
off-highway equipment such as long- and short-haul delivery trucks, farm
tractors, construction equipment, etc.
• API CJ-4/SM (API CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF/SM)
• ACEA E7/E9
Cummins CES 20081; Detroit Diesel 93K218; DDC series 2000 & 4000;
Mack EO-O Premium Plus 07 ; MAN 3275 ; Mercedes Benz-Approval 228.31;
Renault trucks RLD-3 and Volvo VDS-4.
Meets the requirements of Caterpillar ECF-3 and International (Navistar)
Increased drain intervals
High technical performance
• Its high performance level allows longer drains intervals over prior API
categories for heavy duty diesel engine oil.
• Exceptional anti-wear and anticorrosion properties
• Good efficiency against bore polishing
• Excellent viscosity stability in operation
• High detergency and excellent soot dispersion
TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS--RUBIA TIR 7900 SAE 15W-40
Specific gravity 0.874
Pour point, o F (°C) (ASTM D 97) -29 (-34)
Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D 445) 113 Flash point °F (°C) (ASTM D 92) 424 (218)
Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D 445) 15.0 Phosphorus (ppm) < 1200
Viscosity Index (ASTM D 2270) 137 Ash, wt% (ASTM D 874) 1.0
TBN (ASTM D 2896) 10 Sulfur < 0.4
Cold crank, cps @ -20°C (ASTM D 5293) < 7000
All prices are in USD